The early 1960's brought focus on the golf course grounds. By 1964, plans were made to add 20 trees to the course due to the spread of Dutch elm disease. This was followed up at the turn of the decade by the tree replacement program initiated by Ralph T. McElvenny. Discussions about the addition of a nine-hole course became serious and in 1964, the board approved a new three-par course designed by Robert Trent Jones. The new course opened the summer of 1966. Capital improvements continued with air-conditioning added to parts of the clubhouse in 1964 and two more tennis courts being built in 1967. The swimming pool was heated in 1965 and the bowling alley was refurbished in 1969 after 30 years of use. With the clubhouse a half century old, the 1970's and 1980's brought many projects aimed at renovating the facility. The Great Hall was refurbished in 1974 and the Main Dining Room, Cocktail Lounge, Terrace Room and the Board of Governors' Room were renovated in the early 1980's. In the summer of 1996, the club initiated the most extensive alteration to the golf course since Robert Trent Jones remodeled it in 1950's, and Mr. Jones played a role in this round of improvements as well. Early in the year, the board retained Robert Trent Jones, Jr., as long term consulting architect for the course. His master plan included minor revisions to the bunkers, tee improvements, some tree pruning, relocation and removal, drainage system upgrades and replacement of all the greens. The renovations were completed by opening day of 1997.
In 1997 CCD celebrated its 100th year of existence in its fourth clubhouse surrounded by its third golf course. Ten clay tennis courts, four platform tennis courts, six bowling lanes, a magnificent outdoor pool and a short nine hole course all help to make the club a center for sports activities.